Elizabeth Gearhart, Ph.D.
Ms. Gearhart’s practice includes patent prosecution, including drafting and prosecuting patents in the areas of green technologies, chemistry, mechanical and consumer products. She is also heavily involved in community outreach for Gearhart Law, serving on boards of non-profits dedicated to promoting education and organizing educational seminars for the firm.
Ms. Gearhart worked in the chemical industry before joining Gearhart Law. She worked at Dow Chemical Corporation and Dow Corning Corporation as an Environmental/Analytical chemist, working with complex analytical instrumentation. After leaving Dow Corning Corp., Elizabeth volunteered in her children’s schools, leading science and reading programs. She joined Gearhart Law as a technical advisor in 2006 and later became a patent agent.
Elizabeth got her Ph.D. from The University of Colorado in Analytical Chemistry in 1989. Her work involved developing instruments for detecting pollutants in the environment. During this time, she developed a deep knowledge of environmental and analytical chemistry, and learned mechanical skills by building, repairing and maintaining scientific instruments. She also further developed her technical writing skills.
She started her company Gearhart Innovations in 2006, to manufacture and sell specialty women’s fashion based on her patent. In 2009, she left the world of retail to return to a field she truly enjoyed, that of science, focusing on further developing her patent knowledge and skills.
McNamara, E.A.; Montzka, S.A.; Barkley, R.M.; Sievers, R.E. (1988), Superconductor Metal-oxide Catalyst in a Chemi-luminescence Chromatography Detector. Journal of Chromatography, 452 75-83, ISSN: 0021-9673, IDS: Q9806, Published 28-Oct 198
- Numerous internal publications at The Dow Chemical Company
- Ph.D., Chemistry, University of Colorado in Boulder, 1989
- B.Sc., Western Washington University, 1983
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Board Member, Women's Center for Entrepreneurship Corporation
- Woman of Influence for the Women’s Center for Entrepreneurship Corporation
- Board Member, JerseySTEM
- Board Member – Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (2015-2016)
- Co-organizer of meetups:
- Morris Tech Meetup
- New Jersey Global Business Strategies and IP
- Global Business Strategies and Intellectual Property (NY)